Just like cars, auto insurance is not all the same.
Auto Insurance is insurance that can be customized to your needs.
What are the most common covers:
–Civil Liability (RC): Companies assume the value of the losses you cause to other people, property or vehicles, in cases of accidents resulting from your responsibility (under the law).
– Property Damage (PD): Includes coverages for Impact, Collision and Rollover, Fire, Lightning or Explosion, Theft or Robbery, Phenomena of Nature and Acts of Vandalism.
– Occupants and Driver: Protection for you and the people traveling with you i.e. in the event of a traffic accident, the people traveling in your car will be entitled to payment of compensation for death or permanent disability, treatment expenses and funeral expenses.
– Travel Assistance: Assistance for your automobile and occupants within the contracted limits.
– Legal Protection: Legal support for your defense in criminal proceedings or claim for damages in case of accident.
– Glass Breakage: Guarantees the replacement or repair of your automobile’s glass, provided that the damage is limited exclusively to the vehicle’s glass.
– Replacement Vehicle for Breakdown: When the insured vehicle is not repairable on the day of immobilization due to breakdown in Portugal, the companies will pay for the rental of a light passenger vehicle.